Read > Lead > Achieve
For more than 100 years, Pi Beta Phi has believed in the power of reading. Read > Lead > Achieve® is Pi Beta Phi's philanthropic effort, which inspires a lifelong love of reading that can unlock true potential creating a more literate and productive society. It is easy to get involved in Pi Beta Phi's Read > Lead > Achieve reading initiatives. Our charge is for each and every Pi Beta Phi to find a way they can participate, donate or advocate for Read > Lead > Achieve!
Pi Phi's international Read > Lead > Achieve initiatives include the following:
- Fraternity Day of Service - Pi Beta Phi's international day of literacy-related service celebrated in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday.
- Champions are Readers ® Pi Beta Phi's unique reading enrichment program for students in prekindergarten through third grade.
- The Literacy Advocacy Project - an advocacy training program presented by Pi Beta Phi in partnership with the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy.
- Arrow in the Arctic - Pi Phi’s Canadian philanthropy, Arrow in the Arctic, supports reading in Canada’s Northern library systems: the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Read > Lead > Achieve Month - Throughout the month of September, Pi Beta Phi is dedicated to raising awareness for Read > Lead > Achieve!